Google

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hello all,

Let me tell you what to expect from this blog. I am going to discuss running equipment, injuries, training ideas, and what it is like to be in this industry. So let's start...

I am just starting to see sales reps for spring 06. Yes, we do buy this early for next year. In my world spring begins in January and fall begins in June. Anyway, If I see anything really exciting I will let you know.

My 1st tip: If you want to know if a store is worth shopping in, ask this simple question: "what's the best running shoe?" If they hand you a shoe ( or even hint at a particular model or brand) start your running program by running out of the store! The best shoe is the one that works best for you. Running shoes are desgned to be fit based on an individual's biomechanics. Just because your friend, wife, boyfriend, etc. likes a shoe or a brand it doesn't mean you will. Make sure the shop lets you run in the shoes and watches you in at least one pair (to check out what your foot is doing when it hits the ground). After that it is up to YOU to decide which fits and feels best.

More to follow...

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger April Anne said...

Welcome to the word of blogging! (Great advice--about the shoe store. I have never been to "real" running shoe store, but I will defiantly keep you advice in mind the next time I go sneaker shopping. Also, I was wondering what you think about the new Nike Free sneakers. I have heard mixed reviews.)

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Hi april anne,

Thanks for checking me out (so to speak:)
As for the Nike Free. It is not supposed to be an every day trainer. It is really more of a training tool. You are supposed to use them one or two days a week, on shorter runs. The idea is to make your feet stronger. This way they will be less prone to injuries. Many colleges and elite runners do strides barefoot on the grass. The idea behind the Free is to allow you to get the same workout but go where you wish. I would be concerned if someone with very overpronated feet, plantar facitis, or achille tendonitis started using them, but for the average person, used correctly, they should be fine.
This is actually Nike's 2nd attempt at a shoe like this. They made one in the late 80's ( the name escapes me) but it didn't have the PR behind it like this new one.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger April Anne said...

Thanks for your thoughts. It is great to know that you are an “expert” and not just a random sales person trying to earn commission.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home