Google

Monday, May 15, 2006

Galloway Visit

Well we had the opportunity to have a legend at the store: Jeff Galloway. Jeff ran for the USA in the Olympics and throughout the 70's was one of the top runners in the world. Anyone who has done the run/walk method of marathoning has used his baby.
I had been trying to get him to the store for about a year and a half but we (my Mizuno rep and me) couldn't figure out a date. Finally the opportunity arose. Jeff would be at Big Sur in April. He would be flying in near us and could give us an afternoon. So after a lot of work, he showed up!
Jeff is one of the nicest guy's you would want to meet! He definitely has that quite, friendly southern gentleman (he's from Georgia) way about him. We arranged for him to have a running school (held at a local coffee shop, Il Piccolo, BTW the best coffee on the peninsula). Then right after he was coming for a meet and greet at the store. We had a nice turn out.
Jeff was great! He attended to each person as if they were the only person in the room. He made sure all your questions were answered. Just a really good guy.
If you ever get a chance to meet or attend his running school, DO IT! Think you'll like it.

http:///www.jeffgalloway.com/

3 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger April Anne said...

I just finished marathon number two in my Asics GT-2100s. I'm still loving them!! How are you?

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Congrats on the 2nd marathon. Now I know you didn't use the SAME pair of Asics for both, did you?

If the answer is yes, it is time to reward yourself with a new pair (you should like the 2110's). Shoes only last for about 400 miles. Yeah, Yeah everyone says they get a lot more, but what is happening is your body is taking a much greater beating than necessary. You may not feel it now (since you are still young), but it WILL catch up to you.

Enough with the lecture, I am doing great. My 4 month old little girl is sleeping through the night so I finally feel like I can start building my mileage up.
Other than that some new fall stuff I already described is starting to hit the shelves. Should be seeing the 2120 soon also. Take Care.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger April Anne said...

Yes, I did buy a new pair of Asics. Although I still try to get 600 miles on each pair---I'm on a budget. :) How are things going at the store? Is your little one wearing sneakers yet? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home