Google

Friday, January 05, 2007

BRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Well there is one thing I miss about sunny California! The weather! We visited in December and the weathermen kept talking about how cold it was going to be. It was going to be in the 40's! At that point, we had not seen the 40's (as a high) since November!
I like to run in the morning, but when it is 20-25 degrees (or colder!) I just can't get motivated. Now I understand why Asics sells windproof briefs.
When you begin sweating it freezes on you hat! So what to do? Smartwool (or similar) socks, a windproof jacket, tights and a beanie style hat. I also found that trail shoes help if your feet are getting cold (not the real breathable, but water resistant/proof styles). My favorite shoe is the Brooks Adrenaline. The make a "trail" version. Same midsole but water resistant upper and a little bit more tread. It works perfect on these really cold days.
I am planning on doing a mountain bike dualthalon (run/bike/run) in early April so I have to get out and run. I have been using a X Country machine and an exercise bike.
I WILL NOT USE A TREADMILL! I have some strange mental block about them. I can only survive, maybe ten minutes on one. It takes all my mental strength to do it!
Well enough whining! I will leave all my Nor Cal friends to bask in the warmth while I try and find someone who sells windproof underwear!

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger April Anne said...

Welcome Back! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home