Google

Thursday, October 13, 2005

When to see the running shop people...

I helped a customer a couple of years ago who was having some problems with her running. She didn't feel as strong as before and seem to be getting slower (over the past couple of months). I fitted her in new shoes (her old shoes were a couple of years old). We discussed biomechanics and injuries. It was a typical fit session. She had set up a Dr's appointment for later that day for a physical. Around 4 that afternoon she comes back in to talk with me about her Dr visit. The Dr. checked her blood pressure and pulse. Her BP was through the roof and her resting heart rate was 120 bpm! He arranged for her to go immediately to a cardiologist at our local hospital. He told her not to even go home! So why was she here? She trusted my "medical" opinion more than the Dr's! SCARY! I told her to leave NOW and get to the cardiologist. If I had told her to go home, have a glass of wine and chill, she would have! I don't know the outcome but hope the best. This is an example of when NOT to go to the running shop.

Need new shoes? Training or race info? These are examples of when TO go to the running shop.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger April Anne said...

Some people are crazy!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home